The annual NYC Easter Parade, of old and on Fifth Avenue, continued strolling along today. Dating back to the 1870s, the parade is a festive occasion (and leisurely excuse) for many New Yorkers to sport fancy threads and even more fancier hats. Decked out in the traditional to the bizarre, paraders marched from 49th Street to 57th Street and past St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Sunny skies and mild temperatures complemented the scene.
Happy Easter to Everyone!
Source: DNA Info
- Easter Parade and Bonnet Festival (bxcheapskate.com)
- PHOTOS: Easter Sunday Style (huffingtonpost.com)
- Where did the Baby Easter Bonnets go? (mycrackedpot.wordpress.com)
- In Your Easter Bonnet, with All the Frills Upon It (punchdrunkinsomniac.wordpress.com)
- The Easter Parade (rubylane.com)