New Yorkers are in the midst of a belated White Christmas; its first major snow storm of the season. The storm is eagerly blanketing the city under 11-16 inches of snow with more of the white stuff on the way.
Yet again, the usual hundreds of flights were canceled out of JFK and Newark airports with more cancellations expected. And once again, thousands of salt trucks, plows, bobcats and other snow-clearing gizmos are being deployed along city streets and state highways.
“The latest weather reports are qualifying this storm as a blizzard, and unfortunately our city is directly in the path,” said the mayor. “The meteorologists at the National Weather Service are telling us that we may see up to 16 inches of snow, as well as gale force winds that could reach up to 55 mph.”
The inevitable run on hardware stores occurred this morning as city residents prepared for the storm. Shovels, snow blowers and salt were hot sellers; indeed, at a Home Depot on Staten Island, 400 shovels were sold within the first hour.
We may have been dreaming of a White Christmas; however, such woolgathering should be limited to dreams…such dreamers institutionalized.
- With blizzard on its way, New Jersey residents start stocking up (nj.com)
- Winter storm barrels down on New York City area (nydailynews.com)
- Snowstorm Sweeps Up the U.S. East Coast, Grounding Travelers (businessweek.com)
- Christmas storm leaves South, heads to Washington – Detroit Free Press (news.google.com)
Related External Links
- Talkcast tonight 10pm ET, post-Christmas chat and gift lists …
- Potential for Home Depot, Lowe’s Stock Hits Home | Currency …
- JFK Airport Parking | Home Mortgage Refinance | Refinance Home …
- Josh Duhamel doesn’t have to listen to flight attendants, until he …