Ghouls & Gourds is once again coming to the . This Sunday, October 24, the eclectic Botanic GardensHalloween celebration will feature ghoulishly offbeat fun for kids, as well as for adults, of all ages. The garden’s brilliant flora will glimmer zestfully amid the glow of festive music, colorful costumes, whimsical puppets, creative workshops and other attractions. In addition, this time around Ghouls & Gourds will be composed of farm-themed elements including giant scarecrows and a barn dance.
Particularly distinctive this year are large-scale collaborative workshops where kids can pitch in to create a giant pumpkin sculpture, an oversized spider web, and an enormous mandala out of recycled materials. Kids can also experiment with dyeing and spinning wool, making field mouse masks, instruments made out of junk, and (my personal favorite) ‘Monsters on a Leash.’ Families can also visit the Children’s Book Barn where 20+ of Brooklyn’s best children’s book authors and illustrators will be on hand for readings and signings. [Kate Pavelich—Brooklyn Botanic Gardens]
If you’re in the neighborhood this Sunday, you really should take your kids (or take yourselves) to Ghouls & Gourds and join in the fun. For more information, go here.
- From the Garden to the Record Books, a Supersize Pumpkin (cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com)
- New York City Welcomes Halloween Throughout The Five Boroughs (prweb.com)
- Halloween: Old English Folklore or Fact? (groupon.co.uk)
Related External Links
- Community Fair – Saturday 23-Oct-10 10:00 AM at Avalon Gardens. A …
- Tonic’s Top 10 Frighteningly Good Halloween Costumes – Tonic
- WOMAN & HOME | Liberian Observer
- Story of the Jack O’ Lantern