FOREVER-IN CONEY ISLAND

Entrance to Loop-the-Loop Ride, Surf and 10th. Built in 1901. National Roller Coaster Day on Aug 16 commemorates the date the patent was issued in 1898. Photo © Coney Island History Project Archive

The Coney Island History Project exhibition center on Surf Avenue under the Cyclone will join in Saturday’s  [August 28] celebration by sharing rare photos of roller coasters, including one of the Tornado from the Coney Island Chamber of Commerce and donated by Jack Ward. Charles Denson, History Project Director, will interview coaster enthusiasts for CIHP’s Oral History ArchiveConey Island Cyclone

Media_httpimgzemantac_ccekn

Related External Links

Advertisements